MHC Fire Chief: Outdoor burning sparks fire that destroys garage and damages homes
MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (WITN) -A garage was destroyed and two homes damaged in a fire after burning in barrels got out of control, according to the Morehead City Fire Chief.
Jamie Fulk says they got the call just before 5:00 p.m. Wednesday to the 1400 block of Highway 24 for a garage fully engulfed in flames.
Fulk says grass and woods then caught on fire, spreading to the home of the person’s garage that was destroyed, and a neighbor’s home. There was also damage to another yard and fence.
There were no injuries reported.
In addition to Morehead City Fire, Broad and Gales Creek and Newport were also on scene.
Copyright 2021 WITN. All rights reserved.